Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sandi Bannister














Carrie and twins.

My son and his family.

Me and Larry Parr 2004

Surrounded by my children, their spouses and my first 2 grands.
.
Okay guys, you guilted me into posting these photos. It took a bit of study to figure out how to post to the blog. I’d like to know how many cancer survivors are among us. I had a bone marrow transplant in late 1998, for leukemia. Even though my family is quite large, none of them were a match, so I got Host versus Graft Disease with scleroderma and have been battling it since. With lots of support from my family, I am much better today. Just wondering who else had a strange health problem. Maybe it was all those mosquito sprays the city used to do, or there was something in the water, so let me know if you’re a cancer survivor! I wish I had some old photos to share. I lost my yearbooks long ago, and am afraid I won’t recognize many of you, so please, go ahead and send recent pics too.
Sandi

4 comments:

  1. Sandi- Thaks for sharing your family with all us old classmates. Nila and I look forward to visiting with you at the reunion. gde

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, recent photos are going to help those who come to the June reunion recognize each other!
    Sandi, I'm sorry about your health problems but glad you've gotten through it. My wife works at the cancer center in Amarillo, so I know it's a big accomplishment to be a survivor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have several friends who have servied cancer.Can't wait to see everyone .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking family Sandi. I cannot believe we have not ran into each other in Amarillo. Hopefully in June.

    ReplyDelete